Sunday, August 4, 2013

Never Forget


Just ran another 10km. Took 1h04min. Can certainly be better, but this is already the best I have ran. Still felt like I could ran somemore...it was a great feeling, a swelling of satisfaction n pride within me. I can do it...no, I did it! I'm on the way to fitness n good looks. I was leaving the old weak fat chubby me...I am much better...

And suddenly, I walked past the garden where I used to struggle even completing a round, past the slope I named "slope of faith". I remembered back in sec school when I was so weak n dreaded sports cos I felt I would never excel in it. I recalled running rounds in the garden, with 爷爷, struggling each time n feeling so accomplised even after completing a 400m run. I remember the pain n dread each time I ran up the 200m slope. I would be praying every step of it, singing "mountain of God" n drawing strength from Him.

...even though the journey is long, and I know the road is tough. Well the one who had gone before me, He will help me carry on...

It suddenly dawned upon me. I have forgotten all these struggles n pain. I have forgotten all the encouragements God gave given me. I have forgotten the passion/skill/perseverence/courage to face the impossible...worst of all, I have forgotten the One who has brought me thru all these struggles, to the confident self I am today.

It's scary just how easy our hearts are prone to wonder. It is terrifying how we forget the God who had blessed us, when we are so blessed. No wonder the writer of proverbs wrote 
“Two things I ask of you, Lord ; do not refuse me before I die: Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, ‘Who is the Lord ?’ Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God.

Proverbs 30:7-9 NIV

Father, may this be my prayer too. Help me to never forget. Amen

No comments: