Saturday, April 13, 2013

ORD-ing

To many NSF, the count down to ORD is filled with much anticipation and excitement. I won't say I am not excited about ORD, but the sense of leaving my beloved NSMC and my wonderful team of medics is heavy and bitter.

Maybe my dreams and inspirations at the start of my re-enlistment has been miraculously fulfilled.
Maybe I have put in much thought and effort into building up the medical centre, and now see it where I had hope it to be.
Maybe the fruits of our labour have been sweet and delicious.
Maybe the relationships forged amidst tough times and challenges are too hard to be broken.
Maybe I have become too comfortable where I am.
Maybe....

I can only thank God for His many wonderful blessings over the past 1 and a half year of service. All the beautiful relationships and exciting experiences would soon become sweet memories which I will certainly revisit frequently. I can only pray that I have served His purpose where He has placed me, been a blessing to the people I have interacted with and made a positive impact in their lives.

In my last few days as an NSF, I've decided against the conventional. I want to make everyday count, experience to the fullest what NS can offer and contribute what little I can to the cause I believe in.

Medics. Seek, Save Serve!

I am certainly going to miss you all.

ORD lo!!!

No comments: